Members of the Portland Area CSA Coalition enjoy the following benefits:
- Listing on the PortlandCSA.org website — the most accurate CSA directory in Oregon.
- Table at the annual Portland CSA Share Fair
Attended each year by over 1,200 people and publicized/promoted statewide
- SNAP (formerly food stamps) payment processing
In 2018, we processed over $40,000 in payments from 180 CSA members to 12 supporting CSA farms. Our process does not require swiping a card and operates just like automatic bill pay. There is a small additional fee per customer for this service.
- Double Up Food Bucks incentive program participation. We offer incentives to help your SNAP customers afford shares.
- Matchmaking with Employers and Organizations
Every year, the Coalition matches CSA farms with employers and organizations that want to host dropoff sites..
- Farmer-to-farmer education and support
Attend farm field trips, potlucks, workshops, etc.
- Promoting your CSA farm at events
Have a presence at annual events like Vegfest, OMSI Harvest Festival, and more.
- Member services by Coalition volunteers
We answer emails from the public, respond to media inquiries, play matchmaker for people who want to join a CSA and more.
Supporting CSA Farms also have the following responsibilities:
- Complete the 2020 Farm Registration at 2020 PACSAC registration.
- Make an annual donation of $50-$200
Your annual donation is based on your 2019 gross CSA sales within the Portland Metro area ((Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Columbia, Yamhill, Clark and Skamania Counties). Farms that sold less than $50,000 should make a donation of at least $50. Farms that sold over $200,000 are encouraged, but not required, to donate more than $200.
- We offer reduced membership rates for farms that are not located in the above counties, as it’s more difficult for them to attend our local events. (We have plans to expand to the rest of the state!)
- Support the Coalition by participating in fundraising events
The Coalition is working hard to make a weekly delivery of fresh, local food available to everyone in the Portland area because CSA changes eating habits and improves health. Give your members the opportunity to support our work.
- Track and report referral sources