Sunday, November 3rd
2:00 – 4:00
People’s Food Co-Op, 3029 SE 21st Ave, Portland
Build soil biology.
Balance soil minerals.
Grow healthy plants!
Healthy, thriving soil is crucial for producing vibrant vegetables. This class will help you understand the composition of your soil. You will learn how to pinpoint nutrient deficiencies and accumulations in your soil. Then you will create a specific recipe for long-term soil and plant health in your own garden.
You are encouraged to test your soil prior to the workshop. These results will be used to develop your soil plan.
Heather Havens, of Concentrates Inc., will be leading the workshop.
How to test your soil
1. Collect a sample following these instructions.
2. Get your sample analyzed:
- Use the S3C test for soil, and the S7A test for media. Make sure you order the Graphical Analysis Report, and the “get recommendations” option.
- Send your sample to A&L Western Laboratories, Inc. with a submittal form.
- OR: take your sample to Concentrates, Inc. and they’ll get it analyzed. Concentrates, Inc. is located at 5505 SE International Way, Milwaukie OR 97222
3. Bring your results to class!
Seating is limited so reserve your spot today.